JAMES TURRELL’S LIGHT SEQUENCE
The Fundación Montenmedio Contemporánea offers visitors a unique experience in Spain, the light sequence by James Turrell.
The light sequence is part of the work “Second Wind 2005” by James Turrell, a light show inside the artist’s Skyspace, where visitors will have an immersive experience through light in one of the Foundation’s most iconic works.
A Turrell Skyspace is a chamber of specific proportions with an opening in the ceiling open to the sky. Skyspaces can be free-standing structures or integrated into existing architecture. The opening can be round, oval or square.
If you want to know more about the work: SECOND WIND 2005, 2009.
TIMETABLES AND PRICES:
- When: Saturdays at dusk.
- Fees: 30€ per participant with 50% discount for students, people over 65 and people with disabilities. This activity will only take place with a minimum number of participants and is not suitable for children.
- Duration: the sequence lasts about 40 minutes. The experience of the light sequence does not include a visit to the rest of the collection.
- Private passes: €100 per participant and date, subject to availability.
- Reservations essential: email@example.com +34 956 455 134
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE LIGHTING SEQUENCE
- Maintain silence during the light sequence.
- Flash photography is not allowed.
- Caution on the access walkway to the stupa.
- Insect repellent is recommended.
- It is advisable to come with a bottle of water.
- Children are not allowed.
- No photography for commercial or artistic purposes.